Translate

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Marriage

Marriage thoughts:  Scott Schiele and I have been married for over 25 years now and today while I was thinking about our upcoming 2nd honeymoon I realized something huge.  
Since we got married there is definitely MORE of me (lol) and yet strangely enough less of ME.  
A great marriage does that to you -not necessarily the MORE but the "less of me part".  Marriage is about learning to honor, prefer, and respect the other person.  It's about laying your life down.  It's about becoming one strong force instead of two strong individuals. It's about less of me and more of us.  When you get married you find out how selfish you really are.  But if you will allow yourself to be changed, it will actually make you better.  Of course this can't happen unless your marriage is built on The Rock, Jesus! It's never too late to make Jesus your foundation and then allow Him to make you a better "One " with your spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment